4.09.2005

growth-chart

A growth-chart. That's what this blog is going to be for me. See, i've just turned 28 and realized how introspective i've become. This will be the home, the cabinet, for the notches of things i see.

Like now, I'm looking at this creepy gargoyle candle that Mark keeps on his desk. It's just left of the laptop's screen and so each time my finger searches for the letter p or the delete button, the gargoyle's flared nostril pushes its way into my periphery. Further left is the window. The one from which the sounds of his guitar are gently streaming in.

And this means, if there were no gargoyle or window or wall, if I had a tape measure, I'd find that Mark is actually really close to where I am, and I could sit and watch him sing his Woody Guthrie.

"come give to me your lily-white hand, and we'll go off together, we'll go off together..."