1.19.2006

the human condition

It's been a long, long time since I last wrote, mostly because I've been busy at the agency. In these productive few months, my partner and I have developed an idea for a documentary film, as well as produced ads for: an agricultural bank, a workboot company, a therapeutic pet food, and our state lottery. But, I missed writing, so here I am.

By now, everyone should be familiar with Post Secret (postsecret.blogspot.com, for those of you who've been hiding under a rock). It's a brilliant idea, and I enjoy checking in every now and again to realign myself with the human condition. I'm going to borrow their concept for this, my first blog in a few months.

So here they are, some secrets of mine:

• I once believed wholeheartedly that I'd wait until I got married before having sex; this idea lasted until I was 15.

• An ex sent me an email to say that he and his wife are having a baby, and this made me cry, not because I miss him or want him back, but because I want him to be unhappy without me.

• I'm $600 past due on my student loan, but I'm going to spend my next paycheck on something else. Something girly.

• Every time I'm driving, I call someone so that I won't have to be alone with my thoughts.